Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Fisher King Wound/Anti-Bullying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY
This video may seem harsh...but it's the truth.
This is my effort to stand up against bulling in schools. People may think their words cannot hurt others, but the truth is, they do. The hurtful things you say may scar someone for life. I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "The Fisher King," but the truth is, WE ARE ALL WOUNDED. We all have our Fisher King Wound. You can read the original story of the Fisher King here: 
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32791264/The-Fisher-King-Wound
We are all wounded from our past; we are all scarred from our hardships, from others who hurt us, from the pain within us, or simply from a certain event that triggered a loss of innocence. This loss of innocence is a drastic event; I experienced the loss of my innocence when my favorite dog, Alfred, who I grew up with, passed on after 15 years with my family. This dog was the best dog anyone could have. This dog protected me and my sisters. It was difficult for me to grasp that the people and the things that I love will not survive forever, nor will I. This is the reason why I appreciate all that I have every day, and why other should do the same.
You may be angry, you may hate yourself, maybe you're having problems at home or your insecure and you think you need to put others down to lift yourself up from the sorrow in your soul. Instead, take a moment, reflect, think about how you can help others for all of our lives are interconnecting. Show others compassion and understanding, show them the beautiful you and they will accept it. WE are all beautiful and meant to shine; some people simply choose not to let their own light shine. If you feel down or helpless, it will make you feel better to know you are making a positive impact in the lives of others around you. In this, you may just start a "chain reaction" of kindness (Rachel Joy Scott). Maybe this will give you purpose; maybe this will help you find your way. Think about that next time you think about putting others down. This is my stance against bullying. I am presently working with Rachel's Challenge to make a change in today's society and to create awareness of bullying, because people don't really see the true danger. Pass this on to your friends and family, and share the importance of respecting others and showing compassion towards others with your children.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Brittany,
    Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘anytime’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…)

    All the very best 2013 & beyond Brittany. Look forward to hearing from you…

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete

How to Stay Motivated in the Winter

I get asked the question "how do you stay motivated in the winter?" quite often really. I am human, like everyone else, and t...