Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspiration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-OE-PaWMLA
The first word that came to my mind when I listened to this song from the move "Life of Pi" was "inspiration." What inspires you? What do you really want with your life? It can be difficult to stay motivated when you don't really feel you have a purpose; this is why it is key to know your purpose and believe in it with your heart. This purpose does not mean, winning the next race, getting an A on an exam, or making more money. This purpose comes from within you as individual. It is about improving yourself as a person. What kind of person do you choose to be? Do you choose to be someone who is honest, compassionate, caring, disciplined, etc. Do you want to be the kind of person others admire for your integrity, for your work ethic, for your passion? I have my own purpose that inspires me. This is what fuels my fire and keeps me going. I learned this valuable lesson of having a purpose from sports psychologist/ life psychologist, Jim Loehr, when I visited him at the Institute For Human Performance in Orlando, Florida a few years ago. What is your purpose? By having a purpose, you have given yourself some sense of direction. This should empower you, knowing that you have control of your attitude, choices, and perspective. All you need to focus on is being the king of person you want to be, and stop worrying about the things out of your control. By focusing on yourself in a reflective way, you will automatically be in the present and therefore perform better at the task at hand. This mindset takes some practice and discipline, however, it has been a key to my happiness as a human being and the small successes I have had. From this, you can really see that the world is full of opportunity for you, and you will realize that you can write your own story. I hope this will help you in all your future endeavors, and that you can develop a new perspective on things.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about YOUR perspective. Nicely done. Although I'd disagree about your successes being small. You've really just started and look where you already are!

    ReplyDelete

How to Stay Motivated in the Winter

I get asked the question "how do you stay motivated in the winter?" quite often really. I am human, like everyone else, and t...