Thursday, January 31, 2013

What A Wonderful World

        I have to admit I have been having a pretty tough time lately. I've been frustrated with this nagging tendonitis in my biceps femoris tendon, an overuse injury probably from biking. Mentally I am so motivated to keep up my training, but physically I am incapable of doing so. As a result, this has given me much sadness and frustration because I cannot do two of the things I am so passionate about: biking and running.
       I walked into my music class today, which is the one class I have where I don't have to constantly overload my brain with engineering material. I started to feel sorry for myself today, until Professor Corbus played "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. This is probably the highlight of my day. What this taught me is to find joy in the small things. Even if you feel that everything is going wrong; you are having a bad day or even a bad week. If you find some joy in the small things it can really lift your spirits.

                                                         "What A Wonderful World"
                                                                   Louis Armstrong
I see trees of green,
red roses too.
I see them bloom,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
And clouds of white.
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow,
So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands.
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying,
"I love you".

I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more,
Than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Oh yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Stay Motivated in the Winter

I get asked the question "how do you stay motivated in the winter?" quite often really. I am human, like everyone else, and t...