Thursday, June 6, 2013

God For A Day- by Caroline Warly

This poem is beautiful and worth sharing. My sister Caroline Warly has a way with putting her visions into words. Her perception of the world is not only wise beyond her years, but truthful and sincere. I truly feel blessed to call her my best friend, and being her triplet sister, we have such a deep connection (the three of us) that cannot be explained. Please enjoy this beautiful piece of work.

God For A Day

If God needed a vacation and
wanted a house sitter
I would take his job for no pay
and wouldn’t be the slightest bitter

I would make people nicer
And fill the world with love
If someone pulled a trigger
I would block it from above

no parents would divorce
and no children would die
and failure would not exist
for those who always try

pets would not get sick
contempt would be swept away
you would never be condemned
whether you were straight or gay

fat would not be gross
all colors would be pretty
and air would taste fresh
on the farms and in the city

people would feel beautiful
and would be treated with respect
any one abused or hurt
I would reach down to protect

I would silence mouths
With nothing kind to say
Oh life could be so pretty
If I were God for a day

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Stay Motivated in the Winter

I get asked the question "how do you stay motivated in the winter?" quite often really. I am human, like everyone else, and t...